17 Paloma Heights #204 Colorado Springs, CO 80921 • (719) 505-4097 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Marketing/Management Executive/Communications Consultant
Over 15 years experience driving strategic growth and business visibility for leading profit and nonprofit healthcare organizations. Highly competitive, passionate, persuasive and articulate. Able to achieve results others believed to be impossible. Experienced in marketing, sales, budget control, communications and following best practices and procedures. Master’s degree and 10 years college teaching experience.
Demonstrated success record in:
Branding, managing and positioning product and service lines.
Promoting value, overcoming objections and securing hard to close deals.
Motivating staff to peak performance levels.
• Fundraising • Physician Marketing • Account Development
• Market Research • Competitive/Strategic Planning • Budgeting/ Forecasting
• Prospecting/ Client Cultivation • Physician Recruitment • Client Retention
HIGHLIGHTED CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS
• Revenue Generation – Within 90 days, generated twice the revenue amounts for two senior mental health programs and achieved most successful years for these programs’ existence.
• Account Development – Reactivated inactive accounts for two hospital programs from medical staff physicians who had previously not referred to these programs. Increased admissions from other hospital departments, thereby growing the confidence level in these units.
• Market Penetration – As Director of Marketing wrote strategic marketing plans then implemented them. Monitored plans closely and adjusted per changes in the marketplace and referral fluctuations.
• Effective Marketing – Took key contact Orange County Senior Mental Health Agency from one job to another. Accounted for 60% of all Medicare admissions to both programs (WAMC Med Ctr, UCI Geropsychiatric Unit)
Self-Employed, Colorado Springs, CO 2005– Present
• Edit and proofread manuscripts for authors. Write book reviews. Taught English Composition at the college level. Tutor students and business executives in writing and public speaking.
Verizon Wireless, Colorado Springs, CO 2014– 2015
• Sold cell phones, data packages and phone accessories in Corporate Store.
Comcast/Xfinity, Colorado Springs, CO 2012 – 2013
Direct Sales Representative
• Sold TV, Internet and Phone services to residential and business customers.
Select Physical Therapy, Monument, CO 2011 – 2012
Community Referral Coordinator
• Developed referrals from physicians to this company’s three Colorado Springs clinics.
Emergency Medical Management Associates, Arcadia, CA 2005
Physician Relations Marketing Manager,
• Recruited qualified Emergency Department physicians for medical staff positions for six Los Angeles hospitals. Assisted in credentialing process to expedite new hires.
• Prepared RFP’s used in competitive bids for new management contracts with hospitals.
Anaheim General Hospital, Anaheim, CA 2004
Physician Relations Marketing Manager
• Recruited new physicians and acted as liaison between existing medical staff and administration.
• Rejuvenated new admissions from low referring medical staff by 90% first 30 days.
• Interviewed 165 doctors first 45 days conducting needs analyses of their practices.
UCI Medical Center, Geropsychiatric Program (Signet Healthcare), Orange, CA 2003 Marketing Manager
• Increased ADC from 5 patients to 12 first 45 days/Increased profits by 150%
• Revitalized dormant referral sources/located new ones. Brought key county referral source, Older Adult Services, from previous position. This account represented 60% of all referrals.
West Anaheim Medical Center (Horizon Mental Health Management), Anaheim, CA 2000-2002
Created and implemented strategic marketing plans for two senior mental health programs
Increased outreach, referral development and crisis intervention services to the community
Results: 60% growth in admissions, improved payor mix to 90% Medicare, kept unit 100% full to the point of waiting lists and prompted Administration to add 6 additional beds to the unit. 2001 was the unit’s most profitable year of operation.
Additional Healthcare Marketing Positions:
– Perimed Compliance Corporation, Tustin, CA 1998-1999. Medical software sales. Western Regional Manager
– Rivendel of Montana, Butte, MT. 1995-1996. Child/adolescent psychiatric hospital. Director of Marketing
– CPC Rancho Lindo Hospital, Fontana, CA. 1993-1994. Child/adolescent psych.hospital. Director of Marketing
– Hoag Hospital Presbyterian, Newport Beach, CA. 1992-1993. Chem. Dependency Ctr. Community Relations
– Newport Harbor Child/Adolescent Hospital, Newport Beach, CA. 1989-1990. Education Coordinator
College Teaching Positions:
– Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, 1991-1998. Adjunct Professor- English Dept. “Voted Outstanding Faculty Member,” 1992
– Orange Coast College, 1996-1998. Adjunct Professor- English Dept.
– Concordia University, 1990. Adjunct Professor- English Dept.
– “Qualifying the Unqualified Exhibit Builder,” Exhibit Builder Magazine, Nov. 1982, Woodland Hills, CA
– Book Review of Uncommon Thread by Carol Meadows, ISBN-13: 978-1-937600-26-6. Mill City Press, 2011.
Masters in Education, Georgia State University GPA: 3.8
B.A., Philosophy/Sociology, Georgia State University GPA: 3.5